A great pesto to serve over pasta, baked potatoes, to use on pizza or a variety of different ways.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted
1 Clove (5 gm)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
Pecorino romano cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated
1. Toast pine nuts on a cookie sheet in a 400° oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a food processor, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt and pepper until finely chopped.
3. Gradually add oil to form a smooth and thick consistency.
4. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
5. Season pesto with more salt and pepper, if desired and serve with your favorite pasta or pizza.