Italian Basil, Garlic And Pine Kernel Sauce
|Basil leaves||20 Large|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Pine kernels||2 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Ounce, grated (120 Gram)|
|Olive oil||8 Fluid Ounce (240 Milliliter)|
1) In a food processor, add the basil, garlic, pine kernels, and the cheese together. Blend into a puree.
2) Pour the oil in a slow and steady stream, with the motor running, allowing the mixture to emulsify
3) Check the sauce for seasoning
4) Store the pesto in an airtight container. It keeps well in the refrigerator or can be freezed as well.
5) The pesto can be served over a poultry, fish, pasta or served as a dip at room temperature