Pasta with Pork Basil and Tomato
|Pork fillet/Pork neck||14 Ounce (400 g)|
|Lime||1⁄2 Large, juiced|
|Thai fish sauce/Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (nam pla)|
|Palm sugar/Brown sugar||1 Pinch (large pinch)|
|Red chilli||1 Large|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Basil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Italian or Thai basil both work, 1 large handful)|
|Pasta||8 Ounce (for 4 people, angel hair, spaghetti or tagliatelle work best)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash and pat dry the pork. Slice it into thin slices
2. In a large bowl, place the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and salt and mix well
3. Add the pork to the pan and marinate till required
4. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces; Finely dice the chili with seeds; Dice the garlic and tear the basil
5. Set up two pans for the cooking process; one will contain the hot water for the pasta and the other will contain hot oil for the sauce.
6. In the pan with hot water, put in the pasta and then simmer it according to manufacturer-€™s instructions. The pasta should be aldente.
7. In the fry pan, heat the olive oil and add the basil, chili, garlic and sautÃ© on gentle heat till fragrant.
8. When the spices are cooked, add the pork and stir fry for 3 minutes till it is cooked through.
9. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook again.
10. Add one to two tablespoons of water to the pan to thin down the sauce.
11. Add the sauce to the pasta and serve immediately
Calories 817 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 268.5 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 57 g114%
Vitamin A 68.9% Vitamin C 125.8%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet