Pork And Pineapple With Basil
|Shallots||4 , chopped (Red Or Golden)|
|Red chilies||2 , finely chopped|
|Fresh galangal/Ginger /galangal - 5 slices bottled, chopped||1 1⁄4 Inch, finely chopped|
|Kaffir lime leaves||4|
|Lemon grass stalk/Dried lemon grass -1/2 teaspoon, soaked in hot water until soft||1 , finely sliced (Tender White Part Only)|
|Dried lemongrass||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, soaked in hot water until soft|
|Tamarind concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried shrimps||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork fillets||11 Ounce, cut into 3 cm / 1 1/4 in cubes (350 Grams)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Palm sugar/Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut cream||12 Fluid Ounce (1 1/2 Cups / 375 Milliliter)|
|Coconut milk||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup / 125 Milliliter)|
|Thai fish sauce||2 Tablespoon (Nam Pla)|
|Fresh pineapple||6 1⁄2 Ounce, cut into 3/4 inch wide strips (1/2 Small, About 200 Grams)|
|Basil leaves||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
1. In a food processor process shallots, chillies, galangal or ginger, lime leaves, lemon grass, tamarind, 1 tablespoon lime juice, water, shrimp paste and dried shrimps to make a thick paste, adding a little more water if necessary.
2. In a bowl place pork, add spice paste and toss to coat pork well.
3. In a wok or large saucepan heat oil over a medium heat and stir fry pork for 5 minutes until fragrant and pork is just cooked.
4. Stir in sugar, coconut cream and milk and fish sauce and simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes until pork is tender.
5. Adding pineapple and remaining lime juice simmer for 3 minutes or until pineapple is heated.
6. Stirring in basil, serve hot on a platter.