|Pearl barley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Onions||2 , diced|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a saucepan and pour water in it. Stir in barley.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Add salt.
4) Reduce heat to low and cook for about 45 minutes or until soft. Drain.
5) Take a pan and heat fat or butter in it. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook until brown.
6) Add to the barley along with eggs and pepper.
7) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
8) Take a baking dish or casserole and turn the mixture into it.
9) Bake for about 40 minutes or until brown and set.
10) Serve hot to enjoy on your holiday.