Barley Mushroom Casserole
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Quick cooking barley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a casserole dish, heat butter, onion and garlic, covered, on high power for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
2) Gradually add the remaining ingredients.
3) Cook covered on high power for 7 minutes.
4) Cook again on medium power for 9 to 10 minutes or until barley is tender.
5) Let the dish remain covered in the oven for 5 minutes.
6) Serve hot with baked chicken or rice.