|Lemon juice||1 Kilogram|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Water||1 2⁄3 Kilogram|
|Barley flour||12 Gram|
|Lemon essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Kms||3⁄4 Teaspoon (A Preservative, Potassium Metabisulphate)|
1. Ensure that you have a sufficient number of lemons to yield 1 kg of lemon juice. Wash the lemons, cut and extract the juice. Measure the juice and take the rest of the ingredients in suitable proportions.
2. Mix the barley powder with cold water to a paste.
3. Heat the rest of the water, and when slightly warm add the barley paste gradually, and continue to boil for 1-2 minutes.
4. Now add the sugar, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, and boil on slow heat until the sugar gets dissolved. When the sugar has fully dissolved, remove from fire, filter (to remove the scum) and allow to cool.
5. When the syrup is thoroughly cooled, add the rest of the lemon juice along with the essence.
6. Mix the preservative with some water, add to the lemon barley, and bottle.
Calories 1021 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.03 g0.05%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.03%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 266 g88.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 254.2 g
Protein 0.84 g1.7%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 127.8%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 0.71%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet