Toffee Pretzel Bark vs. Chocolate Peppermint Bark
|For vickie's toffee-pretzel bark|
|Mini pretzels||8 Ounce (coarsely broken or whole)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Sea salt||2 Pinch (Optional)|
|For jo ann's layered peppermint bark|
|White chocolate chips||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Peppermint candy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely crushed|
|Vegetable spray||2 Dash|
FOR VICKIE'S TOFFEE-PRETZEL BARK
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil.
2. Spread pretzels over pan in an even layer; set aside.
3. In a saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Boil without stirring for 3 minutes.
4. Pour hot mixture over pretzels; bake for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let stand for about 5 minutes; use a spatula to evenly spread out chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand until firm, refrigerating if desired.
6. Peel off foil; cut or break into squares.
7. Serve along with some cookies.
FOR JO ANN'S LAYERED PEPPERMINT BARK
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with vegetable spray. Set aside.
2. Spread semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly onto the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 5 minutes, or until almost melted.
4. Remove from oven; smooth with a spatula. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, until chocolate is chilled and firm.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, place white chocolate chips and microwave on medium-high (70% power) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, if necessary, stirring just until chips are melted.
6. Stir in extract; let stand until slightly cooled.
7. Pour white chocolate over semi-sweet chocolate layer. Quickly spread white chocolate to cover. Sprinkle crushed peppermint over top, pressing in gently.
8. Refrigerate until both layers of chocolate are firm.
9. Serve along with some cookies.
13"x9" baking pan
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.3 mg9.4%
Sodium 261 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.19 g0.77%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.6% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet