Oatmeal Bars On-The-Go
|Oats||2 Cup (32 tbs) (old fashioned)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (any kind of milk — rice, almond, soy, cow’s)|
|Applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (cranberries, raisins, blueberries, and/or cherries)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (walnuts, sunflower seeds, and/or pepitas)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix the milk, applesauce, egg, agave, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stir to combine and then stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
5. Pour the oatmeal mixture into a buttered or greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and golden.
7. Cool, cut into squares.
8. Serve with milk as breakfast.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares and place in a ziploc bag to freeze up to 4 months. When ready, allow to defrost in fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Refrigerating the bars will make them last up to 5 days.
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg4.5%
Sodium 72.7 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet