Dried Plum Bars
|Dried plums/Prune||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped,|
|Apricot jam/Preserves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked (old fashioned or quick)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All pupose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Lightly spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. In medium bowl, combine dried plums and apricot jam; set aside.
4. In large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and soda; mix well.
5. Lightly beat together egg and butter and add to oats mixture, mixing with hands until crumbly.
6. Press 2 cups of mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Spread dried plum mixture over oats; sprinkle remaining oat mixture over top and press down gently.
7. Bake at 350°F in the preheated oven, for 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown.
8. Cool in pan on wire rack and then cut into 16 bars.
9. Pack as a school snack for kids or carry to work for an evening sweet-treat. These bars are also great to satisfy an after dinner-sweet craving! You can also crumble them into a bowl of milk and enjoy as a breakfast is you like.
Recipe adapted from the California Dried Plum Board.