Oatmeal Energy Bar
|Steel cut oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaxseed meal||4 Tablespoon (optional) (Optional)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dates||3 Large, chop|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl take steel cut oats, oat bran, flaxseed meal raisins, walnuts, almonds and pecans
2. Place a pan over low – medium heat and add in maple syrup, honey and blackstrap molasses.
3. Add in dates and tahini and incorporate all the ingredients well until silk and smooth.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and vanilla extract to the mixture, stir to incorporate all the ingredients.
5. Pour syrup over the oat mixture and mix until incorporated.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
8. Place the mixture onto parchment lined sheet.
9. Spread out the mixture make roughly ½ inch thick.
10. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
11. Take out the bar from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes.
12. Cut Sesame Oatmeal bars into pieces and serve as a dessert after meal.
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 55.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.9%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.8%
Sugars 36.5 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet