Blueberry Orange Cream Bars
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Egg||1 Medium, seperated|
|Condensed milk||14 Fluid Ounce (1 can)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9×13 baking sheet with an overlapping piece of aluminium foil. Butter the foil on the bottom and sides.
3. In a bowl, take the oats, flour, brown sugar, chopped nuts, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the butter and mix until the dough resembles coarse crumbs. Separate 2 cups in a small bowl.
5. Lightly beat the egg white and add to the larger bowl of dough. Mix well. Press the dough into the pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
6. Whisk together the condensed milk, egg yolk, orange juice and zest.
7. Fold in the blueberries.
8. Spread the cream onto the cooked crust and cover with the remaining dough.
9. Place in oven and bake for 30 to 35 more minutes or until lightly browned and filling is bubbly.
10. Remove from oven and cool down completely.
11. Once it is completely cooled down remove the aluminium foil from the pan onto a board.
12. In a serving platter, cut 24 bars and serve.
This can also be stored in air tight containers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6222 Calories from Fat 2633
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 296 g456.1%
Saturated Fat 151.5 g757.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 810.6 mg270.2%
Sodium 3337.1 mg139%
Total Carbohydrates 804 g268.2%
Dietary Fiber 40.1 g160.3%
Sugars 470.8 g
Protein 117 g233.7%
Vitamin A 145.8% Vitamin C 146%
Calcium 192% Iron 122.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet