Orange Marmalade Cheesecake Bars
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Shortbread cookies||7 Ounce|
|Low fat sour cream||16 Ounce|
|Low fat cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange marmalade||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon (demerara sugar can be used)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (or 165 degrees C) and grease a 9x13-inch pan. Line the bottom and extending up 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper.
2. For the crust, place the cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they’re as fine as you can get them. Add them to the bowl with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir to combine until it looks like damp sand.
3. Spread the crust mixture evenly along the bottom of the pan being careful not to disturb the parchment then refrigerate the crust for about 10 minutes to set.
4. In the meantime beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth and lump free. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically with a rubber spatula.
5. Add the eggs one at a time making sure that each egg is full incorporated before adding the next. Add the orange marmalade and beat until incorporated.
6. Pour the batter onto the prepared crust and make sure it’s spread evenly over the bottom. The batter will have a very liquid consistency but after baking it firms up nicely.
7. Bake the cheesecake bars for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until they're set. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 4 hours. Chilling overnight is even better.
8. Garnish with the orange sugar, slice and serve.
If you’re following a gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free shortbread cookies in the recipe.
Calories 912 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.4%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g134.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.7 mg85.9%
Sodium 720.2 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 75.6 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 30.2% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet