These Chewy Chocolate Granola bars are one of the recipes featured on how to make Granola bars on Calm Mind Busy Body. All natural and very healthy!
Whole grain oats
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted
Pure maple syrup
1 Pinch (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, lightly grind up the whole grain oats and wheat bran. Place in a bowl.
3. In the same processor, grind walnuts and raisins together. Scrape out the mixture into the same bowl. Followed by grinding the dates.
4. Add in the cinnamon, maple syrup, cocoa, vanilla and salt. Mix together well.
5. Place the dough onto a cutting board, and flatten with a rolling pin. As thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
6. Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture to give a rectangle shape. Slice the bars with knife.
7. Place into the prepared baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Take out the bars from the oven; leave it to cool for a few minutes.
9. You can wrap the bars individually to carry with you to work or school as a snack or store them in an airtight container and enjoy for breakfast if you like.
These are great if you would like a healthy chocolate-craving type of snack. These granola bars are great for pre/post workout snacks. This is a base recipe that is full of nutrient rich ingredients but yet is not overly sweet. The result is a chewy, almost cake-like granola bar though not at all similar to any that you would find in the supermarket. This recipe is pretty flexible so don't hesitate to modify to suit your tastes.