Homemade Lemon Coconut Bars
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, cut into cubes|
|For lemon filling|
|White sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Baking powder||1 Pinch|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with silver foil and grease lightly with butter.
3. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse the ingredients once to mix everything. Add toasted coconut and butter to the mixture and pulse until the mixture gets a dough like consistency.
4. Transfer this mixture to the prepared baking dish and press gently using your hands to form a crust. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
5. For the lemon filling, in the food processor combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, baking powder, salt and all purpose flour. Pulse to combine everything together.
6. Remove the coconut crust from the oven and pour the lemon filling over it. Place it in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
7. Slice in to even size squares while its still warm and serve.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.4 mg17.1%
Sodium 61.8 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet