|Dried pears/Dates, pineapples / apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick oatmeal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Tablespoon (to grease pan)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut the dried fruit into small cubes.
3) Grate lemon rind enough to make 1 tablespoon.
4) Cut and squeeze the lemon to make 1 tablespoon.
5) Take a baking pan and grease it.
6) Take a saucepan and put all diced fruit into it. Add the sugar and water, cook it on medium heat until thick. Stir frequently. After about 5 to 10 minutes decrease the heat to low.
7) Add lemon rind and juice to the mixture.
8) In a mixing bowl, add flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add butter and cut it with fork or pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly.
9) Fold in oatmeal and milk and mix well.
10) Take the baking pan and pour half of the oatmeal mixture in the bottom.
11) Pour fruit mixture on top and then spread remaining oatmeal mixture.
12) Bake the fruit bars for 40 minutes. Let it cool completely and then cut into bars.
13) Fruit bars make a nice snack or light meal.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3371 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192.2%
Saturated Fat 66.5 g332.4%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 262.5 mg87.5%
Sodium 1012.8 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 560 g186.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.1%
Sugars 350.3 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 61.3% Vitamin C 89.6%
Calcium 151.9% Iron 446.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet