Cheesy Date Bars
|Gingersnaps||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely crushed|
|Dates||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
1) Arrange the ingredients and prepare them.
2) In 8x8-in baking dish, place butter or margarine.
3) Microwave at High 45 to 60 seconds, or until butter melts.
4) Add crumbs until completely coated with butter.
5) Reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture.
6) In bottom of dish, press remaining crumb mixture firmly and evenly.
7) Microwave at High 1 1/2 minutes, 8) In medium bowl combine dates, water and lemon juice.
9) Microwave at High 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring after each minute.
10) Let the mixture cool.
11) To cooled date mixture, add cream cheese.
12) Beat at medium speed until thoroughly blended.
13) Spread over gingersnap crust.
14) Top with reserved crumb mixture and refrigerate until chilled and set.
15) Cut the whole pie into thin bars and serve.