Classic Apricot Almond Bars
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||10 Ounce (1 Jar Or 1 Cup)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a small bowl, add all ingredients for the crust except the almonds.
3) Gently beat, till the mix resembles coarse crumbs.
4) By hand, stir in 1/2 cup almonds.
5) Reserve 3/4 cup of mix for topping.
6) Add the remaining crumb mix to a 9-inch square baking pan and press down.
7) Spread the apricot preserves over the crumb mix and sprinkle with 1/2 cup almonds and reserved crumb mixture.
8) Place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, till the crumb mixture is lightly browned and the preserves are bubbly.
9) Cool completely.
10) Cut into bars.
11) Serve as a healthy snack with a glass of milk.