Classic Apricot Almond Bars
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||10 Ounce (1 Jar Or 1 Cup)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a small bowl, add all ingredients for the crust except the almonds.
3) Gently beat, till the mix resembles coarse crumbs.
4) By hand, stir in 1/2 cup almonds.
5) Reserve 3/4 cup of mix for topping.
6) Add the remaining crumb mix to a 9-inch square baking pan and press down.
7) Spread the apricot preserves over the crumb mix and sprinkle with 1/2 cup almonds and reserved crumb mixture.
8) Place in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, till the crumb mixture is lightly browned and the preserves are bubbly.
9) Cool completely.
10) Cut into bars.
11) Serve as a healthy snack with a glass of milk.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3509 Calories from Fat 1399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 160 g246.7%
Saturated Fat 88.7 g443.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 362.9 mg121%
Sodium 508.7 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 495 g165.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.7%
Sugars 252.7 g
Protein 36 g72.6%
Vitamin A 114.4% Vitamin C 150%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 73.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet