Glazed Pina Colada Bars
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped macadamia nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||8 Ounce, well drained, juice reserved (1 Can)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Reserved pineapple juice||5 Teaspoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a small bowl, add flour, butter and sugar.
3) Slowly beat till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) Add to a 9-inch baking pan and press down.
5) Bake for 12 to 17 minutes or till set but not brown.
6) Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, salt and 1/2 teaspoon rum extract.
7) Beat at medium speed for about 1 minute.
8) By hand, add in the coconuts, nuts and pineapple and mix.
9) Add the mix over the hot, partially baked crust.
10) Place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or till lightly browned and filling is set.
11) Cool completely.
12) In small bowl combine sugar, rum extract and enough pineapple juice for desired glazing consistency.
13) Drizzle over cooled bars and cut into bars.
14) Serve as a snack with milk.