Date Nut Bars
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cake flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans/Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Ounce (Additional)|
1. Preheat the oven at 325°.
2. In a bowl beat well combining first 3 ingredients.
3. Sift dry ingredients and add to egg mixture.
4. Mix well and stir in dates, pecans and vanilla.
5. Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Let it cool and cut into bars.
7. Dust with additional powdered sugar and serve.