Tangy Lemon Bars
|Softened butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a mixer bowl combine all the ingredients for the crust.
3) Beat at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Add into a 13x9-inch baking pan and press down.
5) Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
6) In the same bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, eggs, salt and lemon peel.
7) Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Lower speed and add 1/4 cup flour and baking powder.
9) Continue beating, for another 1 minute.
10) Add the filling over the hot, partially baked crust.
11) Continue baking for another 23 to 25 minutes.
12) Cool completely.
13) In a small mixer bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
14) Beat at a low speed, gradually adding enough lemon juice till the desired consistency.
15) Drizzle over cooled bars and cut into bars.
16) Garnish with lemon zest and serve.