|Pie crust mix||5 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Ground almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||3 Drop|
|Raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Silvered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (To Dust)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Follow the instructions on the package to make the pie mix.
3) On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a rectangle of about 12x8-inches.
4) Roll the dough loosely around the rolling pin and then unroll it over an 11 1/2x7 ½-inch foil biscuit pan.
5) Press the dough over the base of the pan and up the sides very gently and then trim off the surplus, if any. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
6) Beat the egg whites in a spotless clean, dry bowl till they stand in stiff peaks.
7) With the help of a large metal spoon, fold the ground almonds, sugar and almond extract into the prepared meringue.
8) Over the dough base, spread the preserves and then cover with the stiff almond mixture very carefully.
9) Over the top, scatter the slivered almonds.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, till the top is golden in color.
11) Let the preparation cool for about 30 minutes and then cut it into 16 slices.
12) With a spatula, remove the bars from the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.
13) Place the bars on a serving platter and sift a little confectioners-€™ sugar over them. Serve the Almond Bars as and when preferred. These make a delectable snack as well as dessert when served with a dollop of ice cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1967 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.2%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1163.8 mg48.5%
Total Carbohydrates 300 g100%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 210.1 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 9.1% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet