|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Into a bowl, sieve the flour and sugar.
3) Add in pieces of butter and combine to get a crumbly mixture.
4) Press the mixture into a 9X13-inch baking pan.
5) Bake for about 25 minutes till the crust is lightly browned.
6) Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, add in the beaten eggs and sugar. Add in the flour, baking powder, lemon juice and lemon rind.
7) Transfer the mixture onto the baked crust. Put the pie back into the oven and bake for 25 more minutes.
8) Slice into bars while the pie is still warm.
9) Prepare the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter.
10) Brush the lemon glaze over the lemon bars and serve.
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.7 mg56.9%
Sodium 67.8 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet