Almond And Cherry Bars
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), blanched|
|Candied cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted/flaked/shredded|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sweet chocolate||4 Ounce, melted|
1. In an electric mixer, place cherries and almonds. Grind till course.
2. Remove on to a bowl and add coconut. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In another bowl, combine butter, almond extract and honey and cream well.
4. Add ground mixture and mix well.
5. Transfer mixture on to wax paper and shape into rectangle.
6. Spread melted chocolate evenly on top and keep aside to set.
7. Once set, cut into bars, each 2 inch x 2 ½ inch.
8. Serve immediately.