Carrot Pumpkin Bars with Orange Icing
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, finely shredded|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (packed)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely shredded|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Orange liqueur/Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with butter; keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour with baking powder, orange peel, baking soda, and salt; keep aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together eggs and brown sugar.
5. Add pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla; stir to mix.
6. Add carrots and walnuts; mix well and add to the flour mixture; using a wooden spoon stir until well combined.
7. Into the prepared pan, spread mixture and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until it passes the toothpick test.
8. Remove pan to a wired rack and let cool down.
9. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar and orange liqueur.
10. Gradually add about 1 tablespoon of orange juice and mix until the icing is of drizzling consistency.
11. On top of the cake, drizzle icing and cut into bars or triangles, as desired.
12. Store in covered box and refrigerate.
13. Serve Carrot Pumpkin Bars with Orange Icing in individual dessert plates.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg13.3%
Sodium 143.8 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 75.6% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet