Date Nut Bars
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cake flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 162.5 C (325 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with salt and baking powder. Sieve together and keep aside.
3. Grease a 9 inch x 9 inch baking pan with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, fat and eggs. Mix well using a whisk.
5. Add rest of the ingredients gradually and mix well.
6. Transfer mixture on to greased pan and bake in pre heated oven for 25 minutes or till done.
7. Once baked, remove from oven and cut into bars when warm.
8. Coat bars with sugar. Keep aside to cool. Makes 18 no-€™s.
9. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2189 Calories from Fat 773
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.8%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 435.7 mg145.2%
Sodium 1208.8 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 334 g111.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.1%
Sugars 263 g
Protein 45 g90.2%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 48.6% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet