On The Road Bars
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds using an electric mixer. Add to it 1/2 cup brown sugar and beat until combined.
3. Further, blend in oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and wheat germ.
4. In an ungreased baking pan, add this mixture.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and the crust is ready.
6. In a bowl, make topping by combining eggs and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Add to it almonds, coconut and raisins.
7. Pour this mixture evenly over hot crust.
8. Bake again for about 20 minutes or until center appears set.
9. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
10. Cut into bars upon cooling completely.
11. Serve at once.