Stars Lemon Bars
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus Extra For Dusting Top)|
|Cold unsalted butter||6 Ounce, cut into pats (3/4 Cup / 1 1/2 Stick)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together.
3) With a pastry blender or electric beaters, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) In a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, press the crust mixture into the bottom.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
6) Lower the oven temperature to 300°F.
7) In a bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs together until smooth.
8) Stir in the lemon juice and then the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
9) Turn the lemon filling into the baked crust.
10) Bake in the oven at 300°F for about 40 minutes until the filling is set.
11) Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
12) Slice into bars and dust the tops with some more powdered sugar.
13) Serve the Stars Lemon Bars on a platter.