Stars Lemon Bars
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus Extra For Dusting Top)|
|Cold unsalted butter||6 Ounce, cut into pats (3/4 Cup / 1 1/2 Stick)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together.
3) With a pastry blender or electric beaters, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) In a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, press the crust mixture into the bottom.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
6) Lower the oven temperature to 300°F.
7) In a bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs together until smooth.
8) Stir in the lemon juice and then the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
9) Turn the lemon filling into the baked crust.
10) Bake in the oven at 300°F for about 40 minutes until the filling is set.
11) Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
12) Slice into bars and dust the tops with some more powdered sugar.
13) Serve the Stars Lemon Bars on a platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5198 Calories from Fat 1503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g262.2%
Saturated Fat 97.1 g485.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1634.6 mg544.9%
Sodium 449.1 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 878 g292.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 667.5 g
Protein 66 g132.3%
Vitamin A 116.9% Vitamin C 135%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 96.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet