Chocolate Carnutty Bars
|Non-stick cooking spray||1|
|White cake mix||16 Ounce (1 Package, 2 Layer Size)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced fat cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package, Neufchatel)|
|Caramel ice cream topping||12 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Milk chocolate pieces||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cocktail peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Use cooking spray to coat a baking pan and set aside for later use.
3. In a bowl, blend cake mix and oats to make the crust.
4. Add peanut butter and blend using a pastry blender, until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
5. In a bowl, combine egg with milk and crumb mixture. Beat until mixed properly. Reserve 3/4 cup of it for later use.
6. The remaining 1/4 cup is spread at the bottom of the prepared pan.
7. In a bowl, add cream cheese for making the filling. Beat using an electric mixture until it becomes smooth.
8. Further, beat caramel topping until mixed and spread it on top of crumb mixture.
9. Garnish with chocolate pieces, peanuts and reserved crumb mixture over the layer of caramel.
10. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
11. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
12. Cut into bars or triangles.
13. Store, covered, in refrigerator and serve whenever required.
Calories 889 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.9 mg13.6%
Sodium 1214.3 mg50.6%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet