Cherry Date Bars
|Thin orange slices||2 , quartered (Unpeeled)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Pitted dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a container of food processor, add orange slices, water, sugar, cornstarch and salt and ½ of the dates and blend them by running the PUREE blade for about 20 seconds.
2. Stop the motor and push the ingredients towards blade by using rubber spatula.
3. Stir in the remaining half of dates.
4. Run the PUREE blade for another 20 seconds until the dates are finely chopped.
5. Pour the date mixture into saucepan.
6. Chop the cherries in a food processor, by running the PURSE blade for about 2-3 seconds until it is coarsely chopped.
7. Blend with date mixture.
8. Cook the mixture by stirring constantly until it gets thickened.
10. Serve cherry date bars with coffee during breakfast or afternoon tea.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1388 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 260.9 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.8%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.4%
Sugars 293.8 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet