Apricot Raisin Bars
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon slice||1 , quartered (Unpeeled)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), broken up|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), broken up|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Uncooked rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Quick Or Regular)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
MAKING - FILLING
2. In a container of food processor, puree the pecans by running the PUREE blade for about 3- 4 seconds until pecans get roughly chopped.
3. Add water, apricot, brown sugar, lemon and cornstarch and run the PUREE blade for another 15 seconds.
4. Stir in raisins and blend by running the PUREE blade for another 15 seconds.
5. Push the ingredients towards blades by using rubber spatula.
6. Spoon the mixture into saucepan.
7. Cook the mixture until it thickens and allow it to cool.
MAKING - Crust
8. In a mixing bowl, sift baking powder, salt and flour.
9. Add brown sugar and stir well.
10. Cut in margarine using pastry blender until the mixture turns coarse and stir in rolled oats.
11. Preserve 2 cups of mixture for topping.
12. Blend vanilla and egg with the remaining mixture.
13. Spoon the mixture over the bottom of greased baking pan measuring 13 x 9 x 2-inch.
14. Smear the apricot filling over the mixture.
15. Spoon preserved mixture over the top and bake for about half an hour.
16. Serve the cold apricot raisin bars with coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5464 Calories from Fat 1800
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 207 g319.1%
Saturated Fat 94.9 g474.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 574.3 mg191.4%
Sodium 1388.3 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 866 g288.6%
Dietary Fiber 49.9 g199.8%
Sugars 513.6 g
Protein 74 g148.7%
Vitamin A 183.7% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 86.1% Iron 165.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet