After School Apple Bars
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Tart cooking apples||2 Pound, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced to make 5 1/2 cups|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt to combine.
3) With a pastry blender, cut in butter to make the mixture coarse crumbs.
4) Add egg and stir in to combine.
5) Use an ungreased 11 x7x1 1/2-inch or 9x9x2-inch baking pan to press half of the mixture on the bottom and sides.
6) In a large bowl, add 6 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon to combine.
7) Add sliced apples and lightly toss to combine.
8) Arrange the apple mixture in a layer evenly over the crust.
9) Sprinkle the remaining crumbly mixture on top.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly golden.
11) Allow to cool by placing on the wire rack.
12) Cut into bars and dust with powdered sugar, if desired, to serve.