Banana Bars with Butter Rum Frosting
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed banana||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 3Medium Sized)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter rum frosting||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
4. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
5. Beat in egg, mashed banana, sour cream, and vanilla until combined.
6. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer.
7. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour and almonds.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
9. Bake about 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan on wire rack.
11. Spread with Butter-Rum Frosting.
12. Cut into bars. Store, covered, in refrigerator Butter-Rum Frosting: In medium mixing bowl, beat 3 tablespoons butter until fluffy.
13. Gradually beat in 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar.
14. Beat in 1 tablespoon rum and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
15. Beat in 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar and enough milk to make frosting of spreading consistency.
16. Spread over brownie.
17. Cool in pan on wire rack.
18. Cut into bars or triangles and serve.