Date Nut Bars
|Yellow cake mix/White cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package 2-Layer-Size, Butter Recipe)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set it aside.
3. In a bowl, mix cake mix, melted butter, and 2 eggs. Beat the batter with electric mixture until smooth.
4. On the bottom of the greased pan, spread the batter
5. Garnish it with dates and pecans. Press lightly into batter.
6. In a bowl, beat softened cheese with powdered sugar until combined. Add leftover eggs and vanilla too.
7. Pour the mixture evenly in the pan on top of the batter.
8. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center appears set.
9. Cool in pan on wire rack.
10. Cut into bars or triangles.
11. Cover and store the brownies in the refrigerator.
12. Serve, whenever needed.
Calories 1189 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.7%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.9 mg74.3%
Sodium 710.7 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 137.5 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet