Banana Crunch Bars
|Crushed chocolate wafers||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Bananas||2 Medium, sliced|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter flavored pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease the baking pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix crushed wafers, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla together.
4. Further, add 1/2 cup melted butter and mix until it blends well.
5. In the greased pan, add this mixture at the bottom.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes and then cool for about 10 minutes on wire rack.
7. In a saucepan, mix corn syrup with 2 tablespoons butter. Stir over medium flame until melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from heat and mix in banana and rum flavoring.
9. Pour the banana mixture evenly over baked crust in the pan.
10. In a separate saucepan, mix chocolate pieces, peanut butter-flavored pieces and shortening. Stir over low heat until melted. Drizzle over banana mixture.
11. Cover and chill until set.
12. Allow it to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing into bars or triangles.
13. Serve the same day.