Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bars
|Graham crackers/Vanilla wafers||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), finely crushed|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together graham crackers, 1/2 cup melted butter and cocoa powder for making the crust.
3. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. In medium saucepan, cook and stir chocolate and 2/3 cup butter over low heat until melted.
6. Carefully spread half of the chocolate mixture evenly over crust.
7. Chill about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set; cover remaining chocolate mixture and set aside at room temperature.
8. In large mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter, 3/4 cup softened butter, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
9. Gradually beat in as much of the powdered sugar as you can with mixer on low speed.
10. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining powdered sugar.
11. Spread evenly onto chocolate layer in pan.
12. Spread remaining chocolate mixture evenly over peanut butter layer.
13. Cover; chill in refrigerator about 2 hours.
14. Cut into bars, dipping knife into hot water and drying before each cut.
15. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Calories 2755 Calories from Fat 1682
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g301%
Saturated Fat 85.7 g428.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.8 mg77.3%
Sodium 1156.6 mg48.2%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.4%
Sugars 158.3 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.2% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet