Caramel Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars (Haaave Mercy)
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 sticks)|
|Granny smith apple||3 Medium, peeled, cored, chopped finely|
|White sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, packed|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For cheesecake layer|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce (2 (8 ounce) pack)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For streusel topping|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Quick cooking oat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 stick)|
|Caramel topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a baking dish with butter and set aside.
3. CRUST: In a bowl, combine a cup of flour, a cup of brown sugar, a large pinch of cinnamon, and a little salt.
4. Add two large sticks of softened butter and using a fork, mix it lightly to make a light crumble.
5. Spoon the crumble into the prepared dish. Using clean hands, gently flatten the mixture into the pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for around 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
7. APPLES: In a bowl, take freshly cut apple, add sugar and brown sugar, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder and toss it until nicely coated and keep aside.
8. CHEESECAKE LAYER: In a medium sized bowl, take the cream cheese, add some sugar to it and beat it well until nice and creamy.
9. Put the eggs and continue to beat till incorporated. Add vanilla extract and mix again.
10. Pour the mixture on top of the crust and spread until nice and even.
11. Spread the prepared apples as a layer on top.
12. STREUSEL LAYER: In a cup combine together flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, butter and mix it well to make a soft crumble.
13. Sprinkle this crumbs as a layer on top of the apple mixture.
14. Bake for around 40 minutes until cheesecake layer is set.
15. Remove from oven and let it cool completely. Drizzle the caramel on top before slicing.
16. In a serving plate, slice the bars and serve as a dessert.