Chocolate Caramel Bars
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate chips||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Caramels||10 Ounce (1 Package, Unwrapped)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
1) In top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and chocolate.
2) Into an 8-inch foil lined baking pan, spread half of the mixture. Chill for about 15 minutes.
3) In a saucepan, melt the water, caramels and the remaining butter. Stir well till the mixture is smooth.
4) Add the nuts and stir well.
5) Spread the mixture over the chilled chocolate layer. Chill for another 15 minutes.
6) Melt the remaining chocolate mixture again, if required, and spread over the layer of caramel.
7) Chill the layers for a minimum of 60 minutes. Cut into bars.
8) Serve the Chocolate Caramel Bars as preferred. These make a good dessert as well as a quick, delectable snack.