Sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1, separated
Flour - 2 cups, sifted
Freshly grated nutmeg - 1 1/2 teaspoons
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 275 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is fluffy.
3) Add the egg yolk and beat well.
4) Add the flour and nutmeg and stir well.
5) In an ungreased 11x17-inch jelly roll pan, spread the mixture.
6) Beat the egg white slightly and brush it all over the dough.
7) With fingertips, smooth the surface.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, till rich golden brown in color.
9) Cut into rectangular bars while still hot.
10) Serve the Nutmeg Bars as and when preferred.