Hershey Bar Pie
|For chocolate petal crust|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk chocolate||1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Miniature marshmallows/15 regular marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and keep aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, egg and vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Using a sieve, sift flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt to mix.
5. Add the sifted flour mixture to butter mixture and mix to form a dough.
6. Divide the dough into two equal parts.
7. On a floured surface, roll the dough balls into 1 ½ inch diameter circles.
8. Using a pastry cutter, slice one roll into 1/8 inch slices.
9. On the side and bottom of the prepared pie plate, arrange the pastry strips on bottom and up side with edges touching each other.
10. Bake the pie in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
11. Let it cool down completely before filling.
12. In the top of a double broiler, break bars, chop almonds, add milk; place over hot water and melt the bar.
13. Add marshmallows and stir until melted; let cool completely.
14. In another bowl, whip cream and add mix into the chocolate mixture.
15. Pour the chocolate cream mixture into the prepared crust.
16. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours until firm.
17. Garnish with chocolate curls or chips.
18. Slice pie into wedges and serve it chill.
Leftover pie can be refrigerated for future use.