|Prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 8 x 8-inch pan, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a food processor, chop the prunes with 1 tablespoon flour.
4) In a small saucepan, combine the prunes with apple juice and butter.
5) Bring to a boil, stir constantly, until the butter is melted, then stir in the honey.
6) In a large bowl, pour the mixture and allow to slightly cool.
7) In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
8) Then stir into the prune mixture.
9) Beat the egg, stir into the batter then fold in nuts, if desired.
10) In the prepared pan, turn the mixture and bake on middle shelf of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
11) Allow to cool in the pan and slice into 16 pieces.
12) Serve the Prune Bars on a serving platter.