Date and Walnut Bars
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease and line bottom of a 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with waxed paper.
3. In a large bowl, tip in the baking powder and salt and mix well
4. In another medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs till they are light and fluffy.
5. Add the brown sugar to the pan while beating the mixture till smooth and fluffy.
6. Add the dates, walnuts, vanilla and other nuts to the pan till completely smooth.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix well again.
8. Spread this mixture in to the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till cooked. Remove the cake and set aside on a wire rack to cool. Remove the waxed paper and then cut into 24 bars.
9. Sift with confectioner-€™s sugar and serve at roll temperature.