Sesame Toffee Bars
|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Groundnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||12 Ounce (2 Packages, 6 Ounce Each)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Toast sesame seed in the oven 15 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a bowl cream butter and sugar and mix well adding egg and vanilla.
4. In another bowl sift flour with spices, mix well with creamed mixture and stir in nuts.
5. On a baking sheet spread it into a 13 x 15-inch rectangle of 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. While baking, melt chocolate pieces over hot water or on lowest heat.
8. Spread chocolate over cookies while hot, sprinkle top with sesame seed and cut into bars while warm.
9. Serve the Sesame Toffee Bars as confections over parties.