Date and Oat Bars
|Wholemeal self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Porridge oats||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Low fat spread||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Pitted dried dates||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , juice and rind take, finely chopped|
|Golden syrup||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
1) Take a shallow 18 cm (7 inch) square baking tin, lightly grease it.
2) Preheat the oven.
3) In a bowl, combine flour and oats, mix well.
4) In a small saucepan, place the very low-fat spread, the dates, orange rind and juice and golden syrup and heat very gently for a few seconds until the spread and syrup have melted.
5) Do not boil the mixture.
6) Pour the warm and well-combined syrup mix on to the oat mixture and stir in.
7) Mix well, but do not overmix: the mixture should still be crumbly.
8) In the prepared baking tin, spoon the mixture and lightly level with the back of a spoon.
9) Cook in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
10) Cut into 8 bars, then leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
11) Bars can be consumed as healthy snack.