Date and Oat Bars
|Wholemeal self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Porridge oats||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Low fat spread||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Pitted dried dates||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , juice and rind take, finely chopped|
|Golden syrup||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
1) Take a shallow 18 cm (7 inch) square baking tin, lightly grease it.
2) Preheat the oven.
3) In a bowl, combine flour and oats, mix well.
4) In a small saucepan, place the very low-fat spread, the dates, orange rind and juice and golden syrup and heat very gently for a few seconds until the spread and syrup have melted.
5) Do not boil the mixture.
6) Pour the warm and well-combined syrup mix on to the oat mixture and stir in.
7) Mix well, but do not overmix: the mixture should still be crumbly.
8) In the prepared baking tin, spoon the mixture and lightly level with the back of a spoon.
9) Cook in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
10) Cut into 8 bars, then leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
11) Bars can be consumed as healthy snack.
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 141.8 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet