Fruit Nut Bars
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Sieve flour with baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add fruits and stir to be coated evenly.
3. Beat eggs with oil to a frothy mixture. Gradually, beat in marmalade and brown sugar. Add nuts and stir well.
4. Mix egg mixture with flour mixture.
5. Oil a 9-inch square baking pan and turn mixture into it.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until the mixture turns brown and shrink away from pan sides.
7. Transfer to cake rack, cool, and cut into 1 X 3 inch strips. Serve in an airtight container.
8. Serve Fruit Nut Bars with fresh honey.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3446 Calories from Fat 1171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.7%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1578.9 mg65.8%
Total Carbohydrates 553 g184.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.8%
Sugars 393.3 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 21% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet