Fruit Nut Bars
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Sieve flour with baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add fruits and stir to be coated evenly.
3. Beat eggs with oil to a frothy mixture. Gradually, beat in marmalade and brown sugar. Add nuts and stir well.
4. Mix egg mixture with flour mixture.
5. Oil a 9-inch square baking pan and turn mixture into it.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until the mixture turns brown and shrink away from pan sides.
7. Transfer to cake rack, cool, and cut into 1 X 3 inch strips. Serve in an airtight container.
8. Serve Fruit Nut Bars with fresh honey.