|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts/Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped pecans/Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Beat together the sugar and butter.
3) Add the egg yolk and beat well.
4) Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix well.
5) Press about 1 1/4 cups of the mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch pan.
6) Spread the top with jan and top with the remaining batter.
7) Pat the layers lightly and sprinkle with icing sugar and nuts.
8) Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
9) Cut into bars or squares and serve as a sweet treat at a party or enjoy as an evening snack with tea.