Sunflower Seed Carrot Bars
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Sunflower seeds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to the desired temperature of 350Â°.
2) In a work bowl of the food processor, mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and raisins and pulse on/off to mix.
3) Into a medium mixing bowl,transfer the above mixture and put aside.
4) Cut carrots to fit feed tube vertically using the shredding disc and stack them first and then shred.
5) Remove and add to flour mixture.
6) Toss lightly to mix.
7) To the work bowl,add eggs, oil, honey and vanilla using the metal balde.
8) Blend 10 seconds.
9) Stop machine, scrape down sides of bowl,now add flour or carrot mixture all together.
10) Mix with 3-4 on/off pulses until just blended, but do not overprocess.
11) Into an oiled 8 x 8-inch baking pan,ladle the batter .
12) Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
13) Remove from oven, cool in pan on wire rack.
14) Cut into bars of desired size and serve.