John Stage's Jalapeena Bar B Q Sauce
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , minced|
|Jalapeno peppers||3 , seeded, minced|
|Garlic||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), minced|
|Olive oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Louisiana hot sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Saute the onion, jalapeno, bell pepper and garlic in oil in a large saucepan till the ingredients are tender.
2) Add the water and beer and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat and add all the remaining ingredients.
4) Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 60 minutes.
5) Serve or use as preferred.