|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a 10 x 5 x 3-inch pan.
2) In a bowl, combine and cream the shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the egg and beat well.
4) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and soda.
5) Add into the creamed mix.
6) Add in the oats, milk, and chocolate morsels.
7) Transfer into the baking pan.
8) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
9) Combine the sugar and orange juice and allow to boil.
10) Add in the orange rind.
11) Add over the baked cookies.
13) Cut into bars.