|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a 10 x 5 x 3-inch pan.
2) In a bowl, combine and cream the shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the egg and beat well.
4) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and soda.
5) Add into the creamed mix.
6) Add in the oats, milk, and chocolate morsels.
7) Transfer into the baking pan.
8) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
9) Combine the sugar and orange juice and allow to boil.
10) Add in the orange rind.
11) Add over the baked cookies.
13) Cut into bars.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3148 Calories from Fat 1272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g222.5%
Saturated Fat 61.4 g306.9%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg74.3%
Sodium 947.5 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 456 g151.9%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 319.4 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 46.5%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet