Coconut Raspberry Linzer Bars
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetened flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Seedless raspberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grind the almonds in a food processor or chopper into a fine meal.
2. Grease a 11-inch X 7 inch baking tin with butter or baking spray.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, coconut, sugar, spices, lemon rind and salt.
5. Add the butter and using your fingertips, rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles cake crumbs. You can also use a pastry blender or 2 palette knives for the same.
6. Add the egg yolks and stir well into the crumbed mixture to bind into a dough.
7. Reserve 1/3rd of the dough and turn the remaining dough into the greased pan and press to cover bottom and ½ inch of the sides.
8. Use a palette knife to spread the jam over the dough base.
9. On a flour dusted surface, roll out the reserved dough into ¼ inch thick sheet
10. Use a pastry cutter to make ½ inch wide strips and make a lattice pattern over the jam covered dough.
11. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated until pastry is golden.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool and harden.
13. Cut into squares or bars while slightly warm using a sharp pastry knife.
14. Serve these at your Holiday party.